WISPER 806 Folding Electric Bike Blue
WISPER 806 Folding Electric Bike Blue
- Warranty Included
- Free Fast Delivery
- Best Price Guarantee
The very latest version of our flagship folding electric bike, the Wisper 806 has received a number of additions enabling you to tailor the bike to your own personal requirements. The Wisper 806 is the perfect option for campers, caravaners, boating enthusiasts, commuters or for those with restricted storage space. With it’s very low step over height the Wisper 806 is ideal for a shorter, however the huge adjustment range on the seat post and handlebar stem means the bike can easily be adjusted for the comfort of taller riders. Suitable for riders between 4’6″ and 6’6″!
The Wisper 806 is a sturdy long range e-bike. With our superb locking mechanism locked you will not notice you are on a folding bike, there is absolutely no frame twist feel when riding.
Tailor your Wisper 806 by choosing your preferred battery range, power delivery system and colour.
Wisper Back lit LCD display
Hand welded, 6061 Alloy T4 and T6 tempered, hinge folding electric bike
Black, Blue, Red
Wisper light weight alloy forks
Black anodised alloy
SHIMANO 7 speed derailleur with 7 speed selector
180mm disc brake front and 160mm rear
Alloy double walled 20” x 1.5”
Kenda 20” 1.95 Kevlar very high puncture resistance with wall reflector
Black Full length, shatterproof
Front: 15W LED super bright
Rear: 36V light, power from bike battery
Wisper’s unique rear battery rack, certified to 25kg
Max Weight Loading Including Luggage
20 Stone / 130kg
Bike Dimensions When Folded(IMPORTANT to avoid damaging the frame the bike must be kept upright on tyres when folded)
D43cm x W85cm x H73cm
Standard 375Wh with a range up to 50 miles (80 km)
Long range 575Wh with a range up to 75 miles (120 km)
Mega range 700Wh with a range up to 90 miles (140 km)
POWER DELIVERY OPTIONS
Cadence sensors turn the power on when pedals are turned forward and turn the power off when pedaling stops.
On our Traditional Range of bikes it will take between ¼ and ½ of a complete revolution of the pedals before the power is turned on. The Wayfarer and Tailwind will activate faster due to improved hardware.
Note: Power is available immediately on all our ranges by simply twisting the throttle or activating the thumb throttle.
The magnetic disc is a part of the cadence sensor system and sits on the inside of the right hand crank by the bottom bracket axle. It holds several magnets on it’s circumference which, when they pass a sensor on the frame tells the bike when the pedals are being turned forward, at which point the power switches on. When a rider stops pedaling, the magnets stop passing the sensor and the power turns off.
Cadence sensor bikes require three magnets to pass the sensor in the correct order (pedals turning forward) before the power is switched on, the magnets must keep passing by the sensor or the power will turn off again. If the pedals stop turning, the bike will recognise this in a small fraction of a second and the power will turn off, hence the reason we do not need or use brake cut outs.
Torque sensors recognise when and how much pressure is being put onto either pedal. Power will increase as the pressure on the pedals increases.
Power is available immediately pressure is put onto either pedal.
On Wisper bikes fitted with the Torque Power Pack, the torque and cadence sensors are housed inside the bottom bracket where the pedals are connected through the bike frame.
The Wisper Torque system works in a completely different manner to the the cadence sensor. Through the torque sensor the system measures the pressure a rider is putting onto the pedals. Pressure on the pedals turns the power on and the torque sensor reads the amount of pressure being exerted. The more pressure a rider puts onto the pedals the more power will be demanded from the motor.
So… if the bike is starting from standstill, encounters a hill, a strong headwind or if the bike is heavily laden, the torque sensor will recognise that more pressure is being put onto the pedals and the bike will offer more powered assistance. It’s very simple and very clever!
Either the left or right pedal will activate the torque sensor.
FULL THROTTLE OPTION
- Full Throttle eBikes offer a quick, eco friendly and cost efficient option for city commuters at a time when everyone is looking to save on rising fuel and transport costs.
- Full Throttle eBikes offer commuters better control and enhanced safety when moving slowly in traffic.
- Full throttle eBikes offer immediate power when accelerating especially useful at traffic lights or on hills.
- Full Throttle eBikes allow a rider to “take a breather” and cool down from time to time during a journey, particularly useful when commuting in hot weather.
- Full Throttle eBikes make cycling even more inclusive, enabling those of us with for example impaired movement to enjoy the benefits and freedom eBikes bring.
Fully Legal in the UK
Continuing our journey of pro-active leadership, innovation and progression within the e-bike industry we are proud to be able to offer fully UK legal, full throttle eBikes that will power our bikes up to 15.5mph without pedalling.
As well as making our bikes safer and more easily controlled at low speeds, offering faster acceleration from stand still, Wisper full throttle electric bicycles make cycling even more inclusive than ordinary eBikes, enabling those that need a little extra help when discovering, or returning to the joys and freedom cycling offers.
How It Works
Once we receive your order for a Wisper full throttle bike we arrange to have your bike tested by the DVSA and Type Approved as an L1e in the category 250W LPM (250Watt Low Powered) Moped. This can take between 2 and 8 weeks as the bike has to be taken to a specially approved MVSA centre for the Type Approval tests to be carried out. The tests are to make sure our standard eBike is safe and complies to current EAPC (Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycle) regulations. Once these tests have been completed we are presented with a British National Type Approval, Minister’s Approval Certificate bearing your bike’s frame number, this ensures the certificate can only be used in conjunction with your specific Wisper bike. The certificate must be kept in a safe place just like an MOT certificate although we and the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency will keep a record of your Bike’s Type Approval.
Unlike an MOT Certificate, the Type Approval Certificate lasts for the lifetime of the bike and does not need to be renewed.
Full throttle eBikes will continue to work in exactly the same way a standard eBike works when the throttle is not used. The rider only uses the throttle when needed, it will not effect any other standard EAPC function.
To obtain Type Approval bikes must be fitted with front and rear lights operated together on one switch. Because the Tailwind Trail, Tailwind City and Wayfarer Mountain do not have lights these bikes cannot yet be Type Approved. We are working on a solution and hope to offer these bikes with a full throttle by mid 2023.
L1e electric bikes are a sub-group of Low Powered Moped that meets the criteria laid down in the Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycle Regulations 1983 (SI 1983 No. 1168) as amended by SI 2015 No. 24. The requirements are that the vehicle:
- Be fitted with pedals by means of which it is capable of being propelled
- Be fitted with no motor other than an electric motor, which has a maximum continuous rated power, which does not exceed 250 watts and cannot propel the vehicle when it is travelling at more than 15.5 mph
In essence, our bikes, when Type Approved, can be ridden legally on roads and private land within the UK at speeds of up to 15.5mph using just the throttle.
Wisper Bikes Extended Warranty
Bicycle and Electrical Components… Two Years
- All bicycle components, excluding brake pads, bearings, discs, tyres and other components liable to wear during normal use.
- Electrical components, including controller, LCD display, speed sensor, battery, motor, lights and battery charger.
Battery… Two Years
- Battery Voltage is warranted not to fall by more than 30% within two years after purchase
- Your battery Warranty will be void if you leave it fully discharged for more than 12 hours.
- Your battery Warranty will be void if any attempt is made to open the battery case, unless authorised in writing by an officer of Amps Electric Bikes Ltd.
- You must only use a Wisper Charger to charge your battery. Using a non Wisper branded charger or one not supplied directly from Amps Electric bikes or a bone fide Wisper distributor will void your Warranty and may cause a fire.
Frames… Five Years
- Wisper alloy frames are warranted against failure for five years. The frame does not include bearings or other parts that become worn during use. The rack, front forks and other fixings or components fitted to the frame are not considered as a part of the frame in this warranty. See 1. above for the warranty details on Bicycle and Electrical Components.
Damage to the paintwork is excluded.
- Wisper carbon frames are warranted against failure for two years. The frame does not include any bearings or other parts that become worn during use. The rack, front forks and other fixings or components fitted to the frame are not considered as a part of the frame in this warranty. See 1. above for the warranty details on Bicycle and Electrical Components.
Damage to the paintwork is excluded.
- Height limit marks on the seat post must be strictly adhered to, if there is no mark on the seat post contact Wisper Support for advice. Fames damaged due to the seat post being used too high will not be covered under our limited Warranty.
Exceptions to the Warranty
- Consumable items such as tyres, inner tubes, chains, chain wheels, sprockets, brake pads, bearings, handlebar grips or cables.
- Corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in the paint, water damage, the results of fatigue and any damage, failure or loss caused by accident, misuse, abuse or theft.
- Failure or damage due to poor care and maintenance, overloading with excessive weight, not observing torque restrictions and limit mark on seat post, towing, incorrect assembly and modifications to the bike, mounting and remounting of accessories.
- Damage resulting from use in competitions, jumping or other types of extreme use.
Free delivery 2-5 working days
(If choosing the full throttle option current lead time is around 4 weeks)
14 Days free returns policy. Please view our returns policy here